Sports Fields & Courts
The City of Elliot Lake and private organizations maintain various sports fields and courts for informal and organized activities including baseball, soccer, tennis, track & field and basketball.
The following diamonds are maintained by the City of Elliot Lake and are available for hourly and league rentals. When not being used for a scheduled activity, the fields are open for public use. Visit the Facility Rental page for more details.
- Kiwanis Park - Dieppe Avenue - Adjacent to Rio Den Arena - Single baseball diamond.
- Burley Field - Pearson Avenue - Located behind our Lady of Lourdes School - Two baseball diamonds.
- Roger Parsons Memorial Park - 120 Spruce Avenue - Located beside Centennial Arena - Single baseball diamond.
Soccer fields are located behind Elliot Lake Secondary School within the fenced track and field facility. There are three fields - one full size and two junior size - with appropriately sized nets. The fields are maintained by the Algoma District School Board. Arrangements must be made with the School Board for bookings.
The Elliot Lake Community Tennis Club operates tennis courts at 27 Lakeview Road. There are 3 courts available. The facility is private and available by booking only. To book or to learn about club membership, contact the Tennis Club at (705) 461-8523.
The City of Elliot Lake maintains public courts on Dieppe Avenue beside Rio Den Arena. Courts are open to the public during daylight hours once weather conditions permit. Order of play is first come, first served. No changerooms or washroom facilities are available on site.
Track & Field
The Algoma District School Board maintains a 400 metre, gravel surface track located behind Elliot Lake Secondary School. The track is open to the public but may have restricted access during booked events and school functions. Arrangements must be made with the School Board for bookings.
The City of Elliot Lake maintains basketball courts at the following locations:
- Kiwanis park (Next to Rio Den Arena) - Dieppe Avenue
- Paris Park - Paris Drive at Axmith Avenue
- Nordic Park - Gauthier Place
- Kain Park - Corner of Kain Crescent and Ferguson Road
Courts have a pavement surface and aluminum rims. Courts are open to the public during daylight hours and are not supervised. Changeroom and washroom facilities are not available on site.