We have a strategic location that provides you with…
- Access to large markets in Canada and the U.S.
- Easy access to a non-disruptive border crossing with the U.S.
- Access to deepwater ports located on the Great Lakes water system
- Convenient access to TransCanada Highway 17
Some of the direct financial benefits of doing business in Elliot Lake:
- Our exceptionally low land and building costs allows you to get more for your money - "More Bang for your Buck"
- Affordable labour costs that can add to your bottom line
- Non-disruptive border crossing with the U.S. saves you both on transit time and uncertainty costs
Strong Support for Business Development
In Elliot Lake, we have a long history of working with businesses. When it comes to helping businesses, we're flexible too. Just a few of our local and regional business development assistance options are listed below.
- ELNOS is a full-service business development corporation that helps to stimulate economic growth in the region through new business development and investment.
- The East Algoma Community Futures Development Corporation (EACFDC) is a federally sponsored operation. If you have a small business, they'll provide you with advice and financial assistance.
- The Northern Ontario Heritage Fund Corporation (NOHFC) is an initiative of the Ontario government to create employment opportunities in northern communities.
Elliot Lake offers you the infrastructure you need, including…
- Fully serviced industrial and commercial lots of various sizes
- A local airport with a 4,500 ft runway that provides a quick way to transfer materials and key personnel in your business
- Modern telecommunications infrastructure, including fibre optic services, which fulfills high bandwidth needs demanded by businesses and residents
- First-rate local public transit system that provides efficient transportation to the residents of Elliot Lake
- Much of the infrastructure here was built in the 1970's for a population of 30,000. Our modern and robust infrastructure allows for plenty of expansion for business and industry in the city.
An Expanding Community
Elliot Lake continues to prosper despite the hurdles that we've had to overcome. Elliot Lake is growing and has become an economic development model for other communities. Our expanding community shows that the city and its residents can change with the times.
ONTARIO'S NEW COTTAGE COUNTRY -The city has developed over 400 waterfront lots on ten of the multitude of lake that are within city boundaries. The new construction and influx of new residents is yet another success story in the process of unprecedented economic diversification in Elliot Lake.
New commercial developments, such as the new No Frills, are also adding to the growth of the city. The City recently opened a new multidisciplinary community medical centre in the downtown core.
High Quality of Life
We also offer you…
- A beautiful environment that is a dream for outdoor enthusiasts
- A wide variety of clubs and organizations
- Countless activities including down hill skiing and golfing at our new 18-hole championship golf course
- A safe and friendly community with a low crime rate