Economic Development Advisory Committee
Mandate / Terms of Reference
An Economic Development Advisory Committee is hereby established and shall
be composed of 1 member of Council (being the Chair of the Economic Development Standing Committee), the community's economic development resource people (listed below) and members of the general public appointed annually by resolution of Council.
The EDAC will make recommendations through the Economic Development Standing Committee to Council using the following as its terms of reference:
- To seek out and welcome new ideas and projects from the general public that will stimulate economic growth and renewal for Elliot Lake area.
- Act as an idea incubator, welcoming discussion, reviewing and filtering ideas for potential projects and initiatives that would stimulate economic growth.
- To assist in the development of strategic and other economic development planning in the community.
- Recommend courses of action, sources for funding and/or additional research opportunities from proponents.
- To report on matters referred to it by the Economic Development Standing Committee or Council.
- General Manager, Elliot Lake and District Chamber of Commerce
- General Manager, ELNOS
- General Manager, East Algoma Community Futures Development Corporation
- Northern Development Officer - Elliot Lake, MNDMF
- Community Economic Development Officer, Industry Canada - Fed Nor
- The CAO as ex-officio and other city staff at the CAO's discretion.
Interested individuals may submit an application to join this or another committee. Applications must be received by December 16, 2014.